Learn how to climb in the crags of Lake Garda with Arco Mountain Guide
No particular athletic skills are required, from the age of six anyone can climb.
During the basic course you will learn the fundamentals of rock climbing and you will be able to climb top rope, that means with the rope from above, on easy routes and will try to lead climb
Taking part in a course helps you to learn about the equipments and the behaviours to climb in safety.
You will be part of a small group and the alpine guide will be there with you, attentive to your needs, to follow your improvements.
Contents of the basic course
- Basic concepts of rock climbing
- Fundamental techniques of rock climbing
- Climbing in top rope, that means with the rope from above
- Specific techniques and exercises to overcome the fear of height
- Safety techniques in sport climbing
- Proper use of safety equipment
- Introduction to lead climb
Who is your guide
Pleased to meet you, I am Gino, International Mountain Guide UIAGM for over 20 years. I teach rock climbing and mountaineering with personalised courses for children, teenagers and adults. I accompany beginners, enthusiasts and climbers into our mountains. I look forward to welcoming you to Lake Garda and sharing with you the beauty of our mountains in complete safety.
The basic course takes part into the most beautiful crags of Arco.
- Mustn’t suffer from vertigo
- Mountain guide UIAGM
- Equipment rental
What to bring
- Trekking or running shoes for the approach
- Thin socks that covers even the heel to wear climbing shoes
- Backpack with snack and water
- Waterproof jacket
When and price
- 8 hours course
2 lessons, 4 hours each
From 4 to 6 people: € 120
- 16 hours course
2 lessons, 8 hours each
From 4 to 6 people: € 240