An adventure in the gorges of the Ledro Valley for the whole family
MMove Mountaineering School’s Mountain Guides offer the Rio Nero Canyoning Trail for the entire family-a fun and safe adventure designed to share sporting moments with even the youngest children.
You can show your children that nature can be more imaginative and fun than an amusement park. Over the millennia, some mountain streams have carved their way through the rocks, forming paths made of little waterfalls, slides, and fountains that you will all walk, swim, slide, jump, or rope down alongside a waterfall.
A wild, almost fairy-tale-like course awaits you, in which you will begin by swimming to become familiar with the water, then try rappelling and jumping techniques with the help of an Alpine Guide. Children, for example, are lowered with ropes, while adults can jump if they feel like it. This does not mean taking away from your adventure’s fun or adrenaline but tailoring it to each person’s level and ability.
Who is your guide
Nice to meet you, I’m Mauro, International Alpine Guide UIAGM. I live in Arco since 2001 and in that very year I opened my Alpinism school Mmove (former Friends of Arco). For several years I’ve been living amazing adventures from the Alps to Patagonia, till the high peaks of Karakorum, following or opening new routes on these wild peaks. My goal now is to share my enthusiasm for the mountain with my guests.
I’m very proud of all my collaborators and my high qualified local Alpine Guides. Mmove is not just an Alpinism School but also a bunch of friends that wants to give you great experiences. We like to Mmove it!
- The participants take our minibus from Arco, Torbole or Riva del Garda to reach our canyoning centre at Passo Ampola and where they get changed. Wetsuits and technical equipment will be provided by us.
- All participants walk together with the mountain guide for about 20 minutes to the starting point.
- After the briefing we will take the first jump into the Rio Nero and then hit downhill the river towards the car park where the van is parked.
- Not afraid of water, height, and rather enclosed spaces
- Children’s minimum weight is 35kg, height 135cm
- Good physical condition to face 20 minutes in contact with the river while wearing a wetsuit
What to bring
- Trekking or gym shoes (NO sandals, NO water shoes we supply neoprene shoes)
- T-shirt (to be worn under the wetsuit)
- Towel, underwear change
- UIAGM mountain guide with canyoneering specialization
- Canyoning shoes
- Neoprene 5mm wetsuit and socks, helmet, harness, life jacket
- Transportation and liability insurance
- Equipment checked according to our SAFETY FIRST safety protocol
Extra on request
- Action Camera rental including SD card: 20 €