Guided tour at Lake Garda in the Rio Nero creek in Val di Ledro
From € 82
Val di Ledro
Every day from May to September
English, german, italian
Mystical, exciting and spectacular: In Canyon Rio Nero (Integral) the participants literally dive into another world. Over the millennia, the “black river” has carved its way deeply into the rock, creating a fairytale landscape. Grottos, caves and fantastic rock formations alternate. There is no lack of slides, jumps (but they are not compulsory) or abseiling. The Rio Nero belongs to the top canyoning tours at Lake Garda.
Why Rio Nero?
Thanks to the numerous ways to get out along the river and the more open environment compared to the Canyon Palvico, the Canyoning Rio Nero is well suited for beginners and newcomers. An unforgettable holiday experience is guaranteed for everyone.
Who is accompanying you
Nice to meet you, I’m Mauro, International Alpine Guide UIAGM. I live in Arco since 2001 and in that very year I opened my Alpinism school Mmove (former Friends of Arco). For several years I’ve been living amazing adventures from the Alps to Patagonia, till the high peaks of Karakorum, following or opening new routes on these wild peaks. My goal now is to share my enthusiasm for the mountain with my guests.
I’m very proud of all my collaborators and my high qualified local Alpine Guides. Mmove is not just an Alpinism School but also a bunch of friends that wants to give you great experiences. We like to Mmove it!
- The participants take our minibus from Arco, Torbole or Riva del Garda to reach our canyoning centre at Passo Ampola and where they get changed. Wetsuits and technical equipment will be provided by us.
- All participants walk together with the mountain guide for about 20 minutes to the starting point.
- After the briefing we will take the first jump into the Rio Nero and then hit downhill the river towards the car park where the van is parked.
Meeting point and transport
During the booking you can choose the following meeting points:
- ARCO via Legionari Cecoslovacchi n°14 GPS 45.927168 10.891491 8.00 am – 2.00 pm
- TORBOLE Via Gardesana n°23 GPS 45.877026 10.868846 8.10 am – 2.10 pm
- RIVA DEL GARDA Viale Rovereto n°136 GPS 45.878649 10.856839 8.15 am – 2.15 pm
- PASSO AMPOLA – c/o hotel Ampola Via Strada per Tremalzo n°6 GPS. 45.864386 10.646180 8.45 am – 2.45 pm
The shuttle leaves sharply at the times indicated on the website and on the voucher. We recommend you be at the requested meeting point at least 15 minutes before the indicated time.
- Don’t be afraid of water, height and rather closed spaces
- Minimum weight 40 kg
- Good physical shape to face the 30 minutes of approaching the river with a wet suit
What to bring
- Trekking or gym shoes (NO sandals, NO water shoes we supply neoprene shoes)
- T-shirt (to be worn under the wetsuit)
- Towel, underwear change
- Face mask (covid-19)
- UIAGM mountain guide with specialization in canyoning
- Neoprene wetsuit and shoes, helmet, harness, life jacket
- RC insurance
Extra on request
- Action Camera rental including SD card: 20 €