Mtb ride in the woods of Monte Baldo
Mountain bike, trekking and snowboard
Creator, photographer and content manager
The circuit is in the middle of woodlands, a mixed path, lots of fun with many ascents and descents. You can ride the whole track which is a typical cross-country path, perfect for year-round training. The ground is fairly even and mixed prepared path and woodland. The path is suitable for any type of bike rider.
Map and GPS-Track
Malcesine – Navene – Malcesine
Altitude – ascent/descent
- Starting point
middle to easy
Technical difficulty (1 to 5)
Physical training (1 to 5)
Experience (1 to 5)
Landscape (1 to 5)
- Experience (1 to 5)
- Round tour
- Suitable for families and children
- All year over
From Malcesine, take the cycle path along the Lake in the direction of Navene. Straight after the Fraglia Vela Malcesine (Sailing Club) and just before you arrive in Navene, take the first road on the right and, after a short ascent, the next road on the right.
Go on for about 300m and turn to the left to follow the road for a short distance. Carry on up the tarmacked road to the right and then follow the rough track to the right which starts after the road gate.
Follow the path up for about 2km and then take the path that enters the wood to your left. After a few metres, on your left there is a path going downhill but you go straight on following the main path. You reach a fork (90 degree angle) and you take the path going uphill to the right. Follow this until you reach a lamp post immediately after a left hand bend in the path and here turn left to follow the track back to its start.
- You can go round the circuit as often as you want – it is about 4.5km and crosses many other paths.
- We would recommend however, for those who have them, for riders to use the GPS tracers downloadable at the bottom of this page.
Shelters, huts or bivouacs along the trail
How to reach the starting point of the trail
The path starts in Malcesine.
Here you have the list of the parking lots located in the center of Malcesine.
- From Torbole or Riva del Garda take a bus travelling south in the direction of Peschiera/Verona.
- From Peschiera or Verona take a bus travelling north in the direction of Riva del Garda.