Ski touring with lake views from Monte Baldo to Altissimo
This tour is not too challenging: difficulty BS, guiding you from Tratto Spino to the peak of Nago’s Monte Altissimo passing through Bocca Navene.
Before leaving for the tour, make sure to check the weather forecast and take informations on snow conditions and avalanche bulletin.
Map and GPS Track
Monte Baldo-Tratto Spino – Bocca di Navene – Bocca del Creer – Monte Altissimo di Nago
avalanche transceiver, shovel and probe
- Starting point
Technical difficulty (1 to 5)
Physical training (1 to 5)
Experience (1 to 5)
Landscape (1 to 5)
- Experience (1 to 5)
- Summit tour
- Panoramic route
- Insider tip
Points of interest along the track
On Monte Altissimo you will find Refuge Damiano Chiesa, held by Eleonora, a nice person deeply in love with the mountain.
During winter it is open only during weekends when the weather is good. It would be better to make a phone call before leaving!
The refuge is a winter bivouac.
I don’t want to appear boring keeping on telling the same thing, but over there you feel really good and the landscape is magnificent. You know when you feel in the right place and don’t want to be anywhere else? That’s what I’m talking about.
It starts from Tratto Spino, at the top station of the cable car and heading down on the right, very carefully. Cross over the ski field and the ski lift, keep on going down along the road for Bocca Navene. Here is where you can prepare for the ascent, putting the skins on your skis.
Follow the main road to Refuge Graziani and go up on the left along the slope behind the refuge for about 450m. When it flattens you may see the refuge on the right and just behind the refuge, the top. An iron pole located at 2079m of height tells you that you have just reached the summit.
It goes down on the same route you used for the ascent and once you are in Bocca Navene put the skins on the skis again to go back to the cable car.
Shelters, huts or bivouacs along the trail
- SkyWalk Lounge Bar Monte Baldo: An der Gipfelstation der Seilbahn Malcesine Monte Baldo Tel. 045 740 0206
- Rifugio G. Graziani – v: Am Fuße des Monte Altissimo Tel. + 39 0464 867005
- Rifugio Altissimo D. Chiesa: Auf dem Monte Altissimo Cel. +39 391 383 9019
How to reach the starting point of the trail
- Pay attention to the small valley located 50m before Refuge Graziani due to small avalance hazard.
- Take care not to miss the last cable car going down. Remember that from Bocca Navene to cable car station there are still 350m of height difference and 3km to cover.
- Follow the Facebook page of the refuge Altissimo, always up to date.