27m high, 3 seconds of breathtaking flying, 85 km/h freefall speed.
Today, for the first time in the history of the competition, women have taken part too, diving from 20m above the level of the Lake.
- Anna Bader (Germany) 214.702
- Ginger Huber (USA) 207.90
- Tara Hyer-Tira (USA) 184.55
- Stephanie De Lima (CAN) 158.10
I still can't believe it, it was fantastic to take part in this competition, I had so much fun. I was a bit nervous but the public gave me courage. I hope there will be more women wanting to participate and looking to the men's competition for inspiration.
The first round of the Men's competition began at 4pm and, also for the first time in this competition, there was an Italian competing Alessandro de Rose.
Also diving were Orlando Duque, nine times Cliff Diving Champion.
Here are the results of the head to head for tomorrow starting at 5.30pm:
- Orlando Duque (COL) 108.30
- David Colturi (USA) 104.50 vs. 15. Sasha Kutsenko (UKR) 61.20
- Michal Navratil (CZE) 98.80 vs. 14. Mat Cowen (UK) 76.00
- Steven LoBue (USA) 93.10 vs. 13. Gennadiy Kutsenko (UKR) 79.80
- Anatoliy Shabotenko (UKR) 93.10 vs. 12. Artem Silchenko (RUS) 79.80
- Gary Hunt (UK) 91.20 vs. 11. Jorge Ferzuli (MEX) 81.00
- Blake Aldridge (UK) 91.20 vs. 10. Kris Kolanus (POL) 83.60
- Jonathan Paredes (MEX) 87.40 vs. 9. Alessandro de Rose (ITA) 85.50
See you tomorrow in the water or on the beach
...at Malcesine, Lake Garda!