Rock climbing in Arco for children and families
Just short below the world famous Policromuro crag of Massone, there is the Family cliff at San Martino, opened in 2015 and dedicated to youngsters.
The crag is divided in two sectors. The first "Kids", is an inclined slab with nine routes of grade 3 and 4 dedicated to the characters of Ice Age. The second, the Junior, is a nearly vertical wall with eight routes of grade 5 and 6 dedicated to Harry Potter.
The crag has been equipped to fit the youngest with close anchors. After the kids sector, at the top of the crag, you will find a comfortable panoramic terrace: an open-air classroom suitable for observing both sectors.
- Type of wall: limestone rock, inclined slab and sub vertical wall
- Type of routes: single pitch, wall with routes of many length
- Type of climbing: supported
- Approach time: 20 minutes
- Parking: in Arco or San Martino
- Exposure: south
- Suggested rope length: 60 meters
- Bolt quality: very good
- Routes: 17 routes from 3a to 6b
Kids sector: 9 routes, from 3a to 4b, from 18 to 22 meters
Junior sector: 8 routes, from 4c to 6b, from 9 to 15 meters
- Altitude: 140 meters
- Equipped by: municipality of Arco
How to reach the crag
From Arco take the road 45bis direction Dro/Trento. After the roundabout turn right for Massone, San Martino. Next to it there is a parking lot to the right, in front of San Martino. Go on by foot crossing San Martino. When you have reached the church, climb to the right into the olive fields (direction Policromuro) and find the crag on your left.
- During summer the crag is in the sun all day long: avoid the central hours or organize a lunch under the olives trees or on the panoramic terrace
- Great even during winter because exposed to the south
- For adults and expert: be an example for the youngsters. Always wear a helmet and climb using all the anchorages even if the routes are easy for you
- Avoid going to the crag by car, from San Martino or Arco you reach the crag in a few minutes
Climbing course and try day with a mountain guide on Lake Garda
Rock climbing is a suitable sport for everyone but you cannot improvise: knowing the equipment and procedure to climb in safety is very important.
Use the space below if you have something important to report on the crag just described